~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Sunday, April 10

Things I've learned...

while renovating my kitchen.

In an effort to block out the atrocious mess that my house is in right now I have been focusing on all of the positive or interesting things that I can take away from this experience.

I have learned;

- that you can have a much deeper sleep when you are doing physical labour from 8 am until 10 pm
- that sometimes when you're at the end of your rope a four year old can step in and finish a paint job perfectly.
- that you can have some of the deepest conversations with your spouse while you're both quietly painting and thinking.
- that you can learn a lot of new things about your spouse after 5 years of marriage and after hours of working side by side....I didn't say all great things - just new things ;)
- that the saying 'opposites attract' was invented describing us.
- that even after days of eating out you still manage to have a LOT of dishes!...and when your sink is non-existant there are still ways of doing the dishes.
- I REALLY want a dishwasher!
- that I...yes, me, Jessica....really miss cooking!
- that you can start to enjoy and even welcome the smell of paint and varsol with your morning coffee.
- that you can make a pot of coffee anywhere in the house.
- that dust can travel though sheets and show up in places you didn't even know existed.
- that paint can show up in places you didn't even know existed.
- varsol hurts the skin....but after 14 uses you barely notice the pain.
- that renovations should be a part of Marriage Bootcamp....cause if you can survive this - you can survive anything!!!

And the most important thing that I have learned in the past few days of this horrible mess and chaos.....

That renovations can't possibly continue forever!!!!....or can they?

xo J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!!! :) lol....can't wait to see the 'final' kitchen!
and p.s. my nephew happens to be the cutest little angel!!
Miss you guys!!