~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Sunday, April 24

My Weekend Away

I went up to Bracebridge this weekend for a little weekend to myself to enjoy sometime with my best friend Emily. She is the most beautiful and sweet person in the world and I came back feeling amazing. It's awesome what a deep and loving friendship can do for a person. I enjoyed spending time with her family. She has a wonderful husband Cam and two boys, Zach and Ben. She also told me this weekend that she is expecting their third in October!! Zach her oldest will only be 2 1/2!! They are amazing people and absolutely awesome parents. If anyone can have 3 children under 3 and make it look easy -- it is Em and Cam!

I drove the 5 hours up on Friday night and LOVED the trip. I sang as loud as I could to every song I have and had absolutely no interruptions! Cruise is definitely invented for me because I tend to be more of the daydreamy type when I drive....start thinking about my life, and everything and depending on my mood and the song on the radio my speed can vary from 90 to 140 in a 2 minute period. Yeah, I'm a cheeseball.

It rained most of the weekend -- but it snowed, yes, SNOWED down here in Sarnia while I was gone! So, I was in for a rude awakening on my drive home. I took some pictures and documented my feelings about the snow on a video (on the album).....Well you have to keep yourself occupied somehow....and yes, cruise definitely comes in handy when you have a camera in your hand ;)

By the way, my boys survived just fine without me and the car....maybe I should leave more often!!! hehehe

xo J


Emily, Ben, Zach and new baby (in tummy!)

Ben checking himself out in the mirror

Zach showing off his spaghetti face!! Posted by Hello

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of Jessi...you are crazy! talking to a camera while driving??..lol! you crack me up hon!...but I am feeling your pain! I thought I was done with snow too - and of course this year we have to break a record with the most snowfall! unbelievable!!
I am so glad you had a good wknd, and that the boys survived! Emily and her boys are beautiful!! and that is so exciting that she is expecting! :)
I miss you guys!! Talk to you soon!
Love, Hilsy

Jessi said...

yeah, yeah, i'm a little nutty....but i was mad! and a little bored on the trip home....
miss you too babe

Michelle said...

wow, three kiddo's under 3.. that would be hectic! the older boy is 2 1/2.. how old is the baby? he looks about 10 months to me :) both cute! didn't recognise your friend Emily tho.. she looks different to me!

Jessi said...

zach just turned 2 in march - he'll be 2 1/2 in otober when the 3rd is born. ben will be 1 yr in june....yes she has her hands full!!
i don't know if you met emily? we became good friends the last year of highschool - she wasn't a part of the usual group i hung out with. i think you might have already been in TO

Michelle said...

i must have been thinking of a different friend then :) weren't a bunch of your high school friends blonde?

Jessi said...

haha....yeah we were all 'blonde' ;)jk
you were probably thinking of someone else...maybe thats why she looked so different ;)