~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Tuesday, January 3

Adventures of the Crazy Talking Sleep Walkers

It's a well known fact around here that I live with sleep talkers. I've had some crazy conversations with my husband in his sleep. He's tried to sell me everything from cars to houses to food and tried just as hard to buy those from me as well. He's called me names, sucked up big time, swore at me and told me a million times over how much he loves me. I've threatened that he better not try to hide anything from me - cause I'll just find out in his sleep anyway!

Yesterday I witnessed what our son is capable of in his sleep.

Being the lazy Holidays - and the fact that we've been up waaay past our bedtime every night for the past 2 weeks...we decided to take a nap.
After an hour or so I was already starting to wake up when I heard rustling beside the bed. I leaned over;
"Tim, what are you doing?"

"I need to find the cover for this."

"Tim, that's Daddy's dirty sock."

"Yes, and I need to find the thing that goes over top - right here." (sliding his hand across the sock)

"Ok, but that's a sock - we don't have covers for socks."

The freakiest part of sleep talkers is that it looks like they are wide awake, they appear to be awake and it takes you a few minutes to realize that they have no idea what they're talking about.

He let out a disgusted grunt and leaned over on the bed to look into my face and talk his crazy into my eyes;
"Ok, this is what I need you to do, Mom; I need you to listen to what I'm saying. We need to find the cover for this, right here."
(it's pretty sad when my parenting skills come out in my son's sleep talking....hmmm)

"Honey, I think what you need to do is come back to sleep." (by the way, you're crazy!)

"But I can't find the thing that goes over top, and I need to." He shook his head in frustration and looked at me - offering no help.
"Arrrg, fine!!" He dropped the sock and started climbing up into bed.

BANG! He crashed his knee off the side of the Hope Chest beside our bed. He curled up in pain on the bed, holding his knee.

"Awww, sweetie, are you ok? That looked like it hurt..."

".....Tim?"

Out like a light, snoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic Tim!!Keep that for posterity:)
xoxoMom