~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Sunday, February 11

If it was going to happen to anyone.....

.....it would happen to us.

I have a feeling this is going to put a hold on any progress in the kitchen;















Everytime we turned a corner and heard the jug of washer fluid slide and bang we made a mental note; "Gee, I should really take that out." And the mental note was gone as fast as it entered the cerebral region........
Until I got into the car yesterday and smelled something really funky and chemically and then the mental note hit me in the cerebral region like a tonne of bricks.

One of those slides and bangs cracked a hole in the lid and 3/4 of a jug of Washer Fluid had trickled into the car. When Garnet got home and went to investigate the damage, he found the entire carpet was saturated with it -- all the way up to the front. Now, he is ripping the seats and carpet out in an attempt to dry it. Wish us luck.

(In a good kitchen side note; we pick up the ceramic tile tomorrow!!! No guarantees on when it will be installed though -- the installer is too busy being a car detailer! Good thing I married a genius! ahem....no comments allowed on that one Jmike and coondog!)

5 comments:

Jerry said...

Hmm... maybe I should take that 18L water jug out of the back of the Crown Vic... naaaah. :P

Glad to hear the reno's are rockin'.

Coondog said...

Tell that genius husband of yours that there was a recall with the PTs for that. They added shock absorbant materials to all interior areas to avoid spillage caused by washer fluid container collisions.

Myself, I would have used a blow dryer and a lot of Febreeze, however, considering the amount fo time the genius has on his hands...

JOE MAMA said...

There was no such recall.....I do have a lot of time on my hands don't I....perhaps I should buy a snowmachine so I'm "more busy"!!

Anonymous said...

First, I would like to say that car nerds everywhere are applauding, as I am certain no one has ever completely stripped a PT cruiser like that by them selves.
Second, I would have fallen somewhere between GArnet and the coon dog in how I dealt with it (read this to mean I would have taken it to Greg's Auto detailing on confed).
Third, and most importantly. There is still time Jess, get out...get out now. The OCD will only progress. How will you feel monthes from now when someone in Tim's class has head lice and Garnet steam cleans everything south of the 402....

Jessi said...

jer - it might be a good idea (take it from someone who's learned a lesson)

mike that is exactly what i was ready to do....i'm like 'it's alcohol based, whats the big deal'?
(and he went online and looked up all the recalls on PTs right after he read your comment....;)

oh my god j i almost pissed my pants......that is exactly what he would do!!