~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Friday, November 23

Update....from Bad Blogger #1

I know, I know....I'm one of those boring blogs that never update anymore and you've stopped reading. But for those few faithful, that actually check up on me once in a while; this is for you.
We are all still alive, I think. It has been a few months since I've actually seen my husband but he's around here somewhere I'm sure.....
I'm kidding. Overtime at his work has been rampant, so he's been working these crazy hours for like 9 days in a row and we get to see him for a few minutes each morning and a few minutes before we collapse into bed. His days off are usually spent running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get caught up. He's still somehow managing to fix people's computers and all that nice stuff.......but don't even ask me how my kitchen is coming along. Remember the one that was supposed to be done by my birthday LAST YEAR? He says definitely by this birthday. Yeah, sure.
My new job has been going great -- I love it even more than I thought (most days). It's still balancing quite well with my other job and things seem to fit together like a puzzle. Although Tim LOVES his after school program we have still only managed to use it or a babysitter a few times a month! That's how well we are balancing our schedules.....incredulously!

Garnet will be away on training for the first 3 weeks of December. It's kind of a crappy time -- right before Christmas. But we managed to get ALL of our Christmas shopping done in the last few weeks - so that we could both be involved. It helped that our dollar was so good in exchange for US funds. We decided to get a babysitter one night and head over without Tim (run our shopping errends for Santa, if you know what I mean....:) We exchanged $300 Canadian and got $317 American....so that paid for the babysitter! It's maddening how low their prices are over there.

I'm sure when Garnet's gone I'll have plenty more time to update my blog....there have been a few things that have happened in the last few weeks that I think "Oh, I should so blog about this!" (like Garnet buying and exchanging 5 GPS units, in about a week, which included 2 trips over the Bridge in one day, before finally deciding on one (the second one he originally bought!!) --- but then the sit down in front of the computer seems like a waste of time when there are a million other things I should be doing! I haven't seen much of Garnet in the last few months -- so it really shouldn't be much different.....but then again he still somehow manages to make quite a few messes around here in the few minutes he's running in and out. Funny how that is...... So expect more updates in the next month or so, I'll have so much more time on my hands when I don't have to pick up Garnet's dirty socks from everywhere in the house!

No comments: