~ honest. sincere. embarrassing. funny. with a healthy dose of sarcasm. ~
___________________________________

Tuesday, May 15

My Private Life

So, I've discovered that my lack of blogging may be coinciding with the fact that I have a lot going on in my life that I can't blog about. Nothing huge -- just private stuff that I don't feel like sharing over the internet. Big decisions being made and life being lived. And I find it hard to write about surface stuff when I feel ike writing about my feelings about other things. Especially because I started this blog with the intention of not having just another narrative 'this is what we did today' kind of blog. But, I think that's what it's been lately.


In some recent news -- I can joke about the cars now. Not that I need to give Garnet's friends permission to have-at-er....because they already have. Gene thought it would be funny to offer to direct me out of the parking lot today when I dropped Garnet's lunch off. Yeah, laugh it up clown! And I even like your music and your girly nature shots.....


I had a great Mother's Day. Seeing as I was only expecting to get the cars repaired and repainted as my gift.....and Garnet's usual line on Mother's Day is "Why do I have to get you anything - you're not my mother." I woke up Sunday morning to this;

All that I had asked for was a little bit of a sleep in -- which I didn't get -- but I am not complaining! They picked out things that I had said in passing that I would like weeks ago sometime in my life (not even for Mother's Day)...... It's a huge step for Garnet to remember my name and where his keys and wallet are everyday -- so for him to remember these little things was very special! And then I got a call from my great friend Nathan (who clearly should not cook and talk on the phone at the same time!!) I thought it was so sweet for him to think of me on Mother's Day as well.



I am blessed, and it's nice to see what I have in a wonderful husband and an amazing son -- no matter what else happens in life. Through it all -- in the end it is our loved ones that keep us sane, grounded and the only things that really matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey how about if you have private stuff to write you just send it to me in an email?

Jessi said...

yes, mr. positive supporter -- calling yesterday to make sure i wasn't going to be on the road.....nice.